Tuesday, March 15, 2005

museum trip at 14 months

We went to a great fantastic museum today, The Children's Discovery Museum and we had a blast. Zack walked all over exploring various exhibits and his favorite were the large tannis ball machine that had tennis balls rolling down all sort of different ramps, chutes, and tubes. The was also a fantastic hand on water exhibit that was very cool for both of us to play with. Zack quickly saw the objective of some of the hands-on tasks and enjoyed doing them over and over. I've got a great video of him playing with an air vent and a rubber ball that I'll try an upload in the next day or so. He is very independent and will explore on his own. However when we are at home and a guest comes over, he will back into me or my legs, showing some signs of shyness or caution.

Zack also has a habit of doing something new on the day he turns another month older. Today he turned 14 months, and has started running. He will burst into a run briefly for about 10-12 steps and go back to a walk while he figures it out. At first I thought he was falling and trying to catch himself, but i guess he planned it!

Other fun things I've noticed: He now will grab the remote and point it at the TV and stereo equipment and start pressing buttons, because he sees what we do with it. Also, he knocked on the door of a neighbor when he approached it. I didn't think he's seen me knock on doors so I don't know how he learned that one...

No comments: