Monday, August 18, 2008

Zoe talks in sentences

Here's an update that is long overdue.
Around 18 months, Zoe said her first sentence. She picked up a wrapper on the table, gave it to me and said , "This is trash."
It's great to see that she likes identifying things, and also helping! Since then she's been saying many 3-5 word sentences. She knows how to correctly interchange "I" and "you" when repeating sentences she hears, for example if I ask "are you poopy" she will say "yes, i'm poopy". She's very happy about trying to say the whole sentence, and you can see a look of concentration when she tries it.

Zadie has picked up on the baby signing more than Zoe, and Zadie relies more on hand signs to communicate what she wants.

Zoe's become very opinionated when it comes to clothes, so that when I dress her in the morning, I have to present her an option because she often resists what I first try to put on her.

No comments: